REDCap ( Research Electronic Data Capture)REDCap is a self-managed, secure, web-based platform that is designed to support data collection and data management for research, operations support and quality improvement projects. This easy-to-use, intuitive tool provides functionality and features to enable individuals to rapidly develop databases and surveys for collecting and managing data. REDCap offers the following features:
- Fast. Quick project start-up.
- Easy. Intuitive user interface and workflow, readily available online training videos and assistance make it easy to get started.
- Fully customizable. You are in control of shaping your database.
- Web-based. Enter data or build your database from anywhere in the world over a secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Data import. Import data from Microsoft Excel (csv files).
- Data export. Export data to Excel, SAS, Stata, R, SPSS and XML (CDisc).
- Audit trail. Track data manipulation, project changes, imports, and exports by date and user.
- Advanced features. Mid-study modifications, auto-validation, branching logic, calculated fields and repeating instruments/events.
- Scheduling. Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Reports and stats. Online tool allows you to view reports of your data, export your reports, and turn your reports into plots, graphs, and statistics.
- Autonomous user management. Project owners have complete autonomy and control to add new users and determine specific user rights.
- Multi-site access. REDCap can be used from multiple sites and institutions.
- Survey participant list. Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds.
- Anonymous surveys. Keep your participant responses anonymous (default), or if desired, responses from email contacts can be identified.
- Mobile app. Available for iOS and Android for offline data collection by the project team.
Visit our REDCap Citation page .
REDCap Release Notes version: