Affiliation(s): IU Simon Cancer Center
Karen E. Pollok, Ph D.
Manager: Tony Sinn
The IUSCC In Vivo Therapeutics Core (IVT) provides investigators with cost-effective and comprehensive services to facilitate the development and testing of novel pharmacological & cellular therapies. The Core will act as a liaison between the Principal Investigator and any other outcome analyses from live-phase studies. The IVT Core maintains multiple on-site breeding colonies, including: NOD/scid, NOD/scid/IL2Rgnull, Boy/J, F1/BoyJxC57Bl/6 mice, C57BL/6-Tg(UBC-GFP)30Scha/J, and Mgmt -/-
- Complete blood count (20 parameters)
- In Vivo Tumor Growth Kinetics – Established lines include: SKOV-3X (Ovarian), A549 & H460 (Lung), MCF-7 & TMD-231 (Breast), C32 (Melanoma), H929 (Multiple Myeloma), Raji (Non Hodgkin
- Pharmacological Investigations: In vitro toxicity testing utilizing primary human hematopoietic cells and clonogenic progenitor assays to test effects of new compounds on normal cellular function.
- In Vivo Dose Range Finding: Develop a rational dosing regimen for testing efficacy of therapy
- In Vivo Drug Efficacy/Tumor Xenograft Model: Establish tumors and administer drug regimen
- Cellular Therapies: Irradiation of mice prior to transplantation, Intravenous injection of hematopoietic stem cells.
animal models, cancer models, in vivo, pre-clinical, rat, mouse, rodent, tumor xenograft, ectopic, orthotopic, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, MTD, LD 50
Email This Core