REDCap ( Research Electronic Data Capture)
REDCap is a self-managed, secure, web-based platform that is designed to support data collection and data management for research, operations support and quality improvement projects. This easy-to-use, intuitive tool provides functionality and features to enable individuals to rapidly develop databases and surveys for collecting and managing data.
REDCap offers the following features:
- Fast. Quick project start-up.
- Easy. Intuitive user interface and workflow, readily available online training videos and assistance make it easy to get started.
- Fully customizable. You are in control of shaping your database.
- Web-based. Enter data or build your database from anywhere in the world over a secure web connection with authentication and data logging.
- Data import. Import data from Microsoft Excel (csv files).
- Data export. Export data to Excel, SAS, Stata, R, SPSS and XML (CDisc).
- Audit trail. Track data manipulation, project changes, imports, and exports by date and user.
- Advanced features. Mid-study modifications, auto-validation, branching logic, calculated fields and repeating instruments/events.
- Scheduling. Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Reports and stats. Online tool allows you to view reports of your data, export your reports, and turn your reports into plots, graphs, and statistics.
- Autonomous user management. Project owners have complete autonomy and control to add new users and determine specific user rights.
- Multi-site access. REDCap can be used from multiple sites and institutions.
- Survey participant list. Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds.
- Anonymous surveys. Keep your participant responses anonymous (default), or if desired, responses from email contacts can be identified.
- Mobile app. Available for iOS and Android for offline data collection by the project team.
Questions about REDCap? Access our Knowledge Base for more information or contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please cite publications using REDCap for data collection and management. Visit the REDCap Citation page
Check out the release notes for the new features and improvement in IU REDCap REDCap Release Notes 8.5.x
and the recording of the informational webinarWhat’s new in IU REDCap 8.5.