Scientists, policy-makers and community members from across Indiana recently gathered April 25 at the Indiana CTSI’s annual retreat at Indiana University Bloomington to discuss opioid research and evidence-based solutions to the state’s opioid crisis.
Thank you to everyone who attended and helped make our event a success.
Couldn’t make it to the conference? Presentations from our speakers are available below for those who wish to download them.
Indiana CTSI 2018 IU Bloomington Retreat Presentations:
- “Indiana and CTSI Initiatives to Address the Opiate Crisis” – Anantha Shekhar, MD, PhD, Director of the Indiana CTSI
- Keynote Lecture 1: “Where Indiana Stands: NAS and the Opioid Epidemic” – Kristina Box, MD, Indiana State Health Commissioner
- Keynote Lecture 2: “Public Sector-Academic Partnerships to Tackle the Opioid Epidemic: Examples from Three States” – Joshua Sharfstein, MD, Vice Dean for Public Health Practice and Community Engagement, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- “Capacity, Commitment, and Community: IU’s Response to Fighting the Addictions Crisis” – Robin Newhouse, PhD, RN, Dean of the IU School of Nursing
- 2017 Collaboration in Translational Research Winner: “Sex Differences in Risk and Resilience: Female Vulnerability to Two-Hit Stress” – Cara Wellman, PhD, of IU Bloomington, and Christopher Lapish, PhD, of IUPUI and IU School of Medicine
- Keynote Lecture 3: “The Role of TMS in Substance Use Disorders: Cocaine, Cannabis, and Chronic Pain” – Diana Martinez, MD, Division on Substance Abuse, New York State Psychiatric Institute, Columbia University
- Keynote Lecture 4: “Advancing Addiction Science to Address the Opioid Crisis: Science = Solutions” – Wilson Compton, MD, Deputy Director, U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse
You can also view media coverage of the conference on the Indiana Public Media website, where stories about IU’s Responding to the Addictions Crisis Grand Challenge and the importance of addressing infant mortality related to the opioid crisis have been posted.
We hope to see you again at the Indiana CTSI’s Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, so please save the date for Friday, Sept. 14!