The Indiana CTSI Bioethics and Subject Advocacy Program (BSAP) provides Bioethical guidance and education to investigators & research teams.
Our mission is to ensure that study participants are respected, engaged, and protected. Additionally we serve as Research Subject Advocates who provide guidance to policy and regulatory teams.
Who do we work with?
- Investigators at IU, Purdue & Notre Dame
- Research Staff
- Data Safety Monitoring Boards
- Policy Makers
Some common ethical topics we help to navigate include:
- How to inform a family about a genetic mutation found during a research study.
- How & whether to re-consent pediatric patients about material in a biobank collected when they were children.
- How to design research studies involving genetic sequences of pediatric tumors.
Let us help guide you, request a research ethics consultation today!